# Ruby Mailing Lists
- One is ruby-talk, which deals with general topics about Ruby.
- Another is ruby-core, which deals with core / implementation topics about Ruby, often used to run patches for review.
- There is also ruby-doc, discussing documentation standards and tools for Ruby.
Official ListsTo subscribe to a mailing list, please send a mail with the following mail body (not the subject):
subscribe Your-First-Name Your-Last-Namee.g.
subscribe Joseph Smithto the automated "controller" address.
- For the ruby-talk list, the controller address is firstname.lastname@example.org, the posting address is email@example.com, and the human administrator address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the ruby-core list, the controller address is email@example.com, the posting address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and the "human" administrator address is email@example.com.
- For the ruby-doc list, the controller address is firstname.lastname@example.org, the posting address is email@example.com, and the "human" administrator address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from a list, send a mail which body is "unsubscribe" to the controller address.
To see the list of commands, send a mail which body is "help" to the controller address.
Check Ruby Weekly News to see what happend in the last week in ruby-talk.
Want to receive CVS commit mails?
Subscribe to the ruby-cvs list, which controller address is email@example.com.
Japanese ListsWant to know what Japanese are/have been discussing? Try machine translation by Altavista - World / Translate translation service.
- ruby-list , the senior Ruby mailing list in Japanese.
- ruby-dev , the developers' mailing list. (Recent threads are summarized in English almost once a week; here is the lists .)
- ruby-ext , the mailing list for extension developers.
- ruby-math , the mailing list for mathematical topics.
- There's a French ruby mailing list. Send a subscription request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There's an announcement mailing list, email@example.com , for people who want to stay up to date with ruby module releases and other announcements. Follow the link on the page for subscription and archive details. This is a moderated low traffic list for announcements only.
If your mail box/server has rejected mails or caused bounces repeatedly, we may suspend the subscription without notice. In that case, make sure the problem is gone or fixed and subscribe again.
You can check the subscription status by sending a mail which body is "status" to the controller address(es). The commands to resume and suspend a subscription are "on" and "off", respectively. (Only applicable to the lists run by ruby-team.net)